Friday, April 30, 2010

Hi everyone
here are the correct formulas from yesterday's class:


Escape Velocity/speed:
1.
Kinetic energy = Potential energy
Notation form: Ek = Ep

1/2mv2 = Gm₁m₂

V=√2Gm/r
2. Determining g of a planet:

Fg=mg Fg=Gm₁m₂/r2

g=Gm/r2

3. Determining r, m, T:

Fc=m4π2r/T2 Fg=Gm₁m₂/r2

2r/T2=Gm₂/r2
solve for m:
m= 4π2r3/GT2

solve for T: T2= 4π2r3/Gm

* period and radius is all you need to use this formula

4. Orbital Velocity:Fc=mv2/r Fg= Gm₁m₂/r2
v2=Gm₂/r

** also remember that force formulas have r2 (squared)but energy formulas have only r radius.

April 30, 2010 12:02 AM

4 comments:

Ms K said...

Are you SURE these are all correct??

wahidaw said...

I am no longer SURE if my formulas are correct and I can't find my mistakes( or I can't seem to focus).

Anyway, I would really appreciate it if you pointed out my mistakes Mr.K or any one else form my class...PLEASE!

Ms K said...

Force is inversely proportional to radius squared and energy is inversely proportional to radius.

wahidaw said...

THANKS MS. k.